Last updated: 01 June 2021
• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
Our Company collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (name, email address or Twitter handle, phone number, profile photo)
• Credit or debit card information for subscription payments
• Company addresses for enterprise customers
• Usage statistics and feedback
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online on our website or using a third-party authentication provider (Microsoft, Google or Twitter)
• Place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, Twitter, Reddit or Blog or via email.
• Use the Contact form on our business website
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
• Subscribe for our newsletters or notification services
• Interact with our argument map viewer (e.g. like or dislike).
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Search Engine Optimisation tools
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order and manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
• Deliver support, training and consulting services on premises
• Machine learning optimisations for improving our confidence scoring algorithms
If you agree, Our Company will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We strive to use best practices for web security such as two-factor authentication and least-privilege access. All sensitive information like connection strings are stored in Azure Key Vault.
Our Company will keep your account information for one year after you cancel your subscription. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data automatically.
Please note: project data (e.g. bookmarks or argument maps) will be available to all users in the same configured team and may be made available to all authenticated users or to the public. Do not bookmark sensitive information unless using an enterprise dedicated account with company storage separation.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or sharing your data with other companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please use the “unsubscribe” links from our marketing emails.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us analyse site usage and user interactions.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Facebook analytics to measure the engagement of our customers with our website and Facebook page - you can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
We display a Hall of Fame board to all users. Your name and profile photo can appear on it. You can choose to hide your family name and your profile photo from other users.
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: +44 7780 946628.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. If you’re not saving cookies, our editor tool will not be able to authenticate you and won’t be accessible.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us:+44 7780 946628
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.